Thursday, July 13, 2017

Confession

Confession time.

#1. Sometimes I'm ridiculously scared to share my thoughts. In life, and apparently on this blog. I looked at my blogger dashboard for the first time in months today, and was perusing the posts I've drafted but not posted. I enjoyed a lot of what I read, and wondered what had held me back from posting initially. Sure, some of it was a little more on the vulnerable side than not, but as I read it months removed, nothing was too mortifying to have posted.

#2. I hate conflict. HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE conflict. I'm having to deal with some right now in this moment and I wish I could crawl into a hole and throw up. My general go-to when I'm feeling this wretched is off the grid in Flaming Gorge with her fiance's family this week (yay! Beth's getting married!!), so I hopped on here and I'm typing until I no longer feel like throwing up, and hopefully no longer feel like the dust of the earth for doing something that brought conflict to my own front door. In other news, I very seriously loathe mortality.

Okay... what can we talk about because I'm still wanting to throw up...

Blake and I rarely watch TV. As in never. (In a recent post--assuming it's one that I actually posted and that it wasn't just a draft I was reading--I told you Blake put an antenna on the house for us to get the Olympics. Long story short, that didn't work out, but he still gets all sorts of awesome husband accolades for being willing to do it!) We were recommended White Collar a few years back and decided to finally try out the pilot episode last night. I really liked it! The wittiness of Psych with a little less of the Shawn Spencer cheekiness and a whole ton of classy charisma. And I think only one swear word (and no raunch) in the first episode so that's a total win. I'm looking forward to the next episode... It will be tough to wait until Blake has a school-free night, but I like having something to look forward to together, so I'll do my best. :)

In other news, our family just made our first bonafide road trip. (We had done Austin and Houston, but that doesn't really count. 3 and 4 hours is nothing compared to 13.) The Packard Family had a giant reunion in Colorado over the Fourth of July, so we drove up for that. Then we had a reunion with Blake's immediate family which was total bliss. One of my friends in high school said that your husband was the only family member you got to pick. In picking Blake, I also inadvertently picked his eight other family members. And guys... I won. The freaking. Jackpot. And then two of those picked two more rockstars to bring into the family--and good heavens, I'm just beside myself with ecstasy. Seriously. Marry cool people, and bribe your siblings to marry cool people. It's the best thing ever. Between the Briggs and the Hulls, I feel pretty awesome about who my neighbors are going to be in our celestial kingdom cul-de-sac.  *Family... isn't it about... liking each other?*

Speaking of liking family... I mentioned earlier that Beth is getting married. *insert all sorts of outrageous, zero-inhibition happy dances* To Mr. Brendan Henrie--the most awesome guy, and dare I say it... kindred spirit? I told Beth we are unbelievably fortunate to have found not only one man, but TWO that will put up with our combined outrageousness and not put the kibosh on our sisterly antics. Seriously, it's a huge miracle and blessing. There are a lot of really, really good men out there that would have been great husbands but would have totally said, "Um, girls? Please act like you're mature adults. You're in your twenties... it's probably time." Not these guys. They take it like champs, and sometimes, they even think we're funny. The fact that Brendan still wants to meet me after knowing all sorts of ridiculous things about me says a lot about his outstanding character, if you ask me.

[Update: Feeling substantially less ill and less like dirt. This conversation is really helpful. Thank you, blog readers.]

Well, I think I'm going to post this now. I'm not even going to read back through this and scrutinize it and edit my own work because of my writerly nature. Because if I do, I might chicken out and not press "Publish" at all. And we wouldn't want that.

Thanks for listening, guys. I'll be back. Maybe soon, maybe in another 9 months...

1 comment:

  1. Come back soon, COME BACK SOON!
    Sincerely,
    your most avid reader

    ReplyDelete