Monday, December 15, 2014

My Joy and My Song

I've been working on a project this month, but between orchestrating the Christmas program and practicing the piano for the pieces I'm accompanying, my time hasn't quite been my own. But over the weekend, Blake helped me finish my project, and it has completely changed my December.


We decided to decorate our Christmas tree with several names of the Savior this year. We finished late last night, and it has been such a blessing to me in the hours I've been awake to see the tree. We think and talk of Jesus Christ so much at this time of year, but generally we think of Him in the context of the baby in a manger, or even some of the names from wonderful Christmas songs:  Wonderful, Counselor, King of Kings, or Lord of Lords.  But every time I pass the Christmas tree, an ornament catches my eye that makes me think of and appreciate my Savior in a fresh way that feels very real and very powerful.

The Mighty one of Jacob...

Advocate...

Founder of Peace...

Lord of the Vineyard...

Redeemer of Israel...

Bread of Life...

I want to share my testimony that The Way, The Truth, and the Life was born in a humble stable and came to redeem all mankind. I testify that the Only Begotten of the Father will return to the earth in glory to reign as King of Kings, and that in that day, just as the shepherds knelt to worship him at his birth, every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is the Christ.

1 comment: