Tuesday, February 25, 2014

President's Day Part 1 - My First Consignment Sale

Have you ever heard the word consignment? I hadn't until I left Utah. Apparently it's the non-Utah word for Kid to Kid, DI, Savers, or the like. I haven't been to any physical consignment stores yet, but Blake's cousin McKenna told me about Divine Consign--a travelling consignment sale for clothes, toys, and gear for moms and kids. It happens twice a year - once for spring/summer, and once for fall/winter. McKenna had good things to say about it so I went to check it out on President's Day.

Guys. I about started crying. Imagine Ross Dress for Less on 75% off. *angelic choruses* Beth, you're getting choked up as we speak. Don't deny it. :)

Divine Consign is very picky about the clothes they will resell--no holes, no stains, not too worn, etc. I was really impressed with the quality of the clothes and the prices were UNBELIEVABLE. For the benefit of the grandmas and aunts (particularly Brynn), here's a small glimpse at what came home with me.

Carter's Swimsuit
brand new with tags ($34.00) and hygienic liner
$8.00

Little Tots Shirt; Carters Legging
$2.00

Circo shirt and shorts
$3.00

Carters Shirt and Leggings
$0.75

From left to right - Circo, Gymboree, Skechers
$1.00; $2.00; $0.50

Carters Shirt and Garanimals Leggings
$1.13


I did "splurge" and buy a few things that weren't on 50% or 75% clearance
Baby Gap Dress


$9.00
(I'm not sure $9 for a Baby Gap dress qualifies as a splurge, but whatever.)

3 pack of Okie Dokie White Onesies
$1.25

All in all, I got 6 dresses, 10 shirts, 10 pants or shorts, 5 pairs of shoes, and a swimsuit for less than $80. Talk about the windows of heaven pouring out blessings! I don't mean this irreverently, but God sure is nice! I guess the better way to say it is that He absolutely delights to bless us. I'm sure it's one of His most fun and favorite jobs. I also love and appreciate that if little things matter to us, they matter to Him. For example, Heavenly Father knows me and knows how stressful shopping can be for me sometimes. So He inspires and motivates some awesome Christian women in Texas to spearhead this massive sale twice a year (that blesses the lives of countless moms here in the Dallas Fort-Worth area!). Then leads McKenna to the sale and inspires her to lead ME to it and then blesses me with ambition on the day of the sale to help me go check it out even though navigating is sometimes daunting. See what I mean? With all the things He has to do, it's amazing how much He goes about taking care of 'the one.' That 'one' is me, and it's you. I'm so grateful for a loving Father.

Have a great day!

1 comment: