But the truth is, sometimes I'd rather hole up in the apartment and not shower or get dressed or put on makeup or show the world I exist. Today was one of those days. The unfortunate thing about the holing-up method is it's just plain not the Lord's way. You can only do so much to reach out, "hasten the work," and "lose your life" while staying in alone with your one-year-old.
And so, I go to playgroup.
Good things that came from playgroup:
- I showered, got dressed, did makeup, put in contacts, and got out of the house. Eliza and I were both dressed by 8:00--not sure the last time that happened. (Or if that has ever happened!)
- Lots of sunshine. I'll definitely bring my sunglasses and a hat for Eliza next time. It was all I could do to keep her from getting sunburned.
- I met a nonmember and had a good chat with her. She's a neighbor of one of the women in the ward that is a playgroup regular. Sarah was a really fun, chill lady--I hope she comes again next week.
- I got to talk to Stephanie. I accompanied her in sacrament meeting on Sunday and she's the best candidate I've found to fill my 'bosom-friend' void. Certainly a potential kindred spirit. I hope that we can maybe get together tomorrow while Blake's studying for the GMAT.
Well I hope you're all having a lovely Friday afternoon. The kids will be out of school in a few hours and then it's full steam ahead with weekend partying. (Except for poor Kyndal who got her wisdom teeth out. Hope you're healing up well!) Happy Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment