Friday, March 14, 2014

The Park

There's a park not far from where we live, but right on our apartment grounds we have a little playground. Nothing too fancy, but it's still a fun diversion for Eliza in that half hour of time between dinner and bedtime that can sometimes feel really long. :)


She loves swings, but is very distrusting of slides. She doesn't even enjoy it when she goes down on our laps. We sent her down a few times on her own--she didn't flip a lid, but she certainly wasn't pleased. She'll get onto it with practice.

She also loves riding the duck. She gets a crazy ride when I'm a second passenger (and seat belt), but she also likes wiggling around on it solo.



"Um, guys? I'm stuck."

I thought Utah took the cake as far as bipolar weather was concerned, but Texas far, far surpasses it! ("Everything's bigger in Texas...") These facebook photos from Fox4 News and Weather kind of give you an idea:



These are actual numbers that actually happen! Crazy. One day it's balmy and we're all in shorts (like the pictures on the playground), and the next we're cranking the heat in the apartment and I'm makings soup and baking to generate additional heat. So we take advantage of our warm days when they come with lots of walks, trips to the park, and other adventures and outings. Pretty soon it'll be too hot for that sort of thing and swimming is the only outdoor option. (Or so we've heard. We'll see what these Texas humid summers are like!)

1 comment:

  1. I think the picture of you and Lizie on the duck is a pretty candid equivalent to the ones you capture of her and Blake. :) Seriously, precious!

    ReplyDelete