As I put her down in her bed and I was picking a song to sing for her, every one the was coming to mind was also putting a lump in my throat. One of the regular "Momma Love Songs" just wasn't going to cut it today. So in an effort to keep my composure, I pulled out all the stops and sang very slowly and very softly:
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts *deedly dee*
There they are a'standing in a row.
Big ones, small ones, some are as big as your head.
I picked one up and this is what it said -- Oh,
...(repeat)...
True story. I actually sang that for her nap song. I ad-libbed an ending to the loop and Eliza smiled and sighed her usual nigh' nigh'. Apparently she liked it.
You know, being a stay-at-home mom of children who aren't old enough to judge bizarreness from normalcy certainly has its perks; it can be quite fun. I have to remind myself to turn on my social norm radar whenever I'm in public or around adults, though. I can't let the whole world know I'm certifiably nuts, now can I? No. I'll just post it to my blog instead. :)
Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment