Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Nursery on the Radar

You know, it's when I take Eliza out in public or have her in settings with other children that I realize how great of a girl she is. I'm not saying that she's perfect, nor am I saying that my parent-friends have a bunch of hellians. I just love to see how pleasant she is socially. She does a good job in restaurants, generally does well at church (she for sure does well if we pass her off to someone else--she behaves extremely well for the ladies in the ward), and she's happy and content in social situations with other children. It gives me high hopes for nursery. Which, by the way, 5 more Sundays! Yikes! I thought I'd be excited, but it makes me panic a little as a mom--I just feel like she's so little! Even though she's not. I suppose if I were having to wrestle with her during second and third hour, I'd be really excited, but I go straight to the craziness of primary and one of the ladies in the ward pounces on her for second hour before another lady in relief society complains that it's 'her turn' to hold Eliza. :) We have a wonderful ward.

Our Stake President said something insightful in our Stake Conference about what you might consider "prestigious" callings... "Consider two young parents with their first child. They couldn't care less who the young women's president is, or the first counselor in the bishopric, or the highcouncilman. What's the calling they care most about?:  the nursery leader. They're hoping and praying that he or she is fulfilling and magnifying their calling."  True words! I'm grateful that I know the nursery leader a little--it makes me less apprehensive.

Bottom line, as per usual, I love my little girl. Nothing new, no headlines or breaking news, just the same old wonderful story:  I love my little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment