Friday, February 20, 2015

Blake's Girl

So I've been a truly dismal blogger. Now that that's out of the way, let's move on to more meaningful blogging in the future.

You know when you just need some time to veg? Both girls are down for naps, and I found myself perusing online, looking for SOMETHING to numbly ingest. None of my fellow bloggers had any updates, and after jumping on facebook for the ump-teenth time I decided, "This is ridiculous. Why don't I use this time instead." So here is me trying to re-train myself into a healthier, more wholesome form of vegging. I will write. I will create.

Blake and I watched a movie last night. Neither of us had seen it even though most people we know deem it to be a "classic." It was a complete waste of our time and an hour and forty-five minutes that we'll never get back again. BUT, the lame movie gave way to some light-hearted conversation that continued and morphed into something really wonderful that lasted well beyond our normal bedtime. We just kept talking together--not about anything important, in fact, it was all completely trivial. But we continued just talking and laughing and bouncing ideas between the two of us, all while snuggling on the couch. Although we have a one month old and a toddler, we suspended our stage of life for just a few hours and let ourselves just be Blake and Annie. It was wonderful. After doing a late feeding with Sarah, we finally made it to bed and as we were going to sleep Blake said, "You know, it's been really nice to act like young, crazy college kids staying up half the night." And it was. The sleep that I lost was well worth it. Worth it to go to sleep as the big spoon feeling like I wasn't spread too thin or being too much for too many people. Last night, yes I was still a mom and a daughter and a sister, etc. etc. But really, last night I was just Blake's girl. And I'd say it's probably my favorite role.

August 2011
Just married and about to get our first rental car on our first adventure as husband and wife.
This is exactly how I felt last night:

No comments:

Post a Comment